Cozy Greens Soup
Why I love this soup? In the winter we all just start craving our favorite fatty foods, many of which are pretty dern unhealthy. Soup is one of the favorite winter treats, but it’s usually either incredibly unhealthy or just doesn’t fill ya up.
This soup? Tons o greens, tasty veggies, and once you add that parm rind: the fatty taste you need in your winter soup.
I love this cozy soup. A special thanks Megan Dyer for teaching me this one!
2 lbs mixed greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc) rough chopped, stalks removed
1 large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 can peeled tomatoes, chopped
½ lb dried pasta
5 sprigs fresh thyme
2 boxes vegetable broth
1-2 parmesan rinds
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, salt & pepper. Sauté for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the thyme, bay leaf, tomatoes, and parm rinds.
- Sauté 5 minutes, then add pasta, greens, and vegetable broth. Cover and simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Serve topped with parmesan and enjoy!